Comprimi
X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• Some thoughts on [GUIDA] Alle Quest per le skill di Young City

I would first like to say that this is merely a suggestion, a constructive critique...
    Regarding the young quests. I think they are a really good innovating idea. I have already used it in a few characters I have. Now for the critique

In my opinion some of the skill objectives are a bit inappropriate and its difficulty and repetition level should be lowered.

I will give some examples:

Swords - In the medium level swords skill one of the objectives is to kill 5 skell knights
    Those knights are usually surrounded by a mob of magery and necro casters and are not so easy to kill, I would imagine for a newbie that has less than gm sword that it will be a lot harder to kill...

Mace fighting - ditto with the 15 ciclops... with a skill level below gm, I would say for a new player it will be frustrating to say the least.

The rest of fighting skills I think the objectives are appropriate and not that hard.

Regarding other skills I think they are appropriate\not too hard
    Ultima modifica di superbuzzmetal; 17-02-2012, 23:21.
    Found a bug in Uodreams? Report it here.

Originariamente inviato da superbuzzmetal Visualizza il messaggio
    I would first like to say that this is merely a suggestion, a constructive critique...
    Regarding the young quests. I think they are a really good innovating idea. I have already used it in a few characters I have. Now for the critique

In my opinion some of the skill objectives are a bit inappropriate and its difficulty and repetition level should be lowered.

Swords - In the medium level swords skill one of the objectives is to kill 5 skell knights
    Those knights are usually surrounded by a mob of magery and necro casters and are not so easy to kill, I would imagine for a newbie that has less than gm sword that it will be a lot harder to kill...

Mace fighting - ditto with the 15 ciclops... with a skill level below gm, I would say for a new player it will be frustrating to say the least.

The rest of fighting skills I think the objectives are appropriate and not that hard.

Regarding other skills I think they are appropriate\not too hard
    Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it and now I'm going to think what to do.

Onision

Commenta

Thanks for reading

Commenta

Hi, I thought about it and...

For a young there isn't this problem, because they can kill monsters without other monsters attack them. And in "Young Camp" there are Skeletal Knights and Cyclops..so they are easy to find.

For an expert player, isn't difficult to take a monster, go in a quiet place and kill undisturbed.

So, I think the quests can remain the same

I hope you understand what I mean.

Onision

Commenta

You make some valid points, I never thought of being young, and that there are those monsters in young camp (where is that?)

I just disagree on this:

Originariamente inviato da OnisionStaff Visualizza il messaggio

For an expert player, isn't difficult to take a monster, go in a quiet place and kill undisturbed.
          Onision
          I don't think this is that easy, for example, the other day I tried to go into deceit to kill some skel knights, the moment I entered it seemed every monster knew I was there and proceed to try to meet up with me and try to kill me, making it near impossible for a player that wants to train swords to try and kill a skelly without getting mobbed attacked. It's just not worth to raise swords this way, too much hassle and frustration.

I know this is more of a artificial inteligence thing but ultima online was not designed for this kinda of a.i. With this a.i there's no need for doors or walls as the monsters just gang together to come find you.
          I understand perfectly that you guys try to make a challenging a.i but for me having a good time is also very important, it's what this game is for. And when you have a lot more challenge and difficulty than fun, the game becomes frustrating and makes you avoid it.
          Sorry for my rant but I had to take the chance to tell you what I think about this!

Commenta

I don't think this is that easy, for example, the other day I tried to go into deceit to kill some skel knights, the moment I entered it seemed every monster knew I was there and proceed to try to meet up with me and try to kill me, making it near impossible for a player that wants to train swords to try and kill a skelly without getting mobbed attacked. It's just not worth to raise swords this way, too much hassle and frustration.

I know this is more of a artificial inteligence thing but ultima online was not designed for this kinda of a.i. With this a.i there's no need for doors or walls as the monsters just gang together to come find you.
            I understand perfectly that you guys try to make a challenging a.i but for me having a good time is also very important, it's what this game is for. And when you have a lot more challenge and difficulty than fun, the game becomes frustrating and makes you avoid it.
            Sorry for my rant but I had to take the chance to tell you what I think about this!
            Hi, the place is very important! An expert player knows that a specific monster can be in more places. For example, Skeletal Knights are also at the entrance of Spirituality Blood Dungeon, and there, is really easy take a mob and go away!

The scripters are working on AI...but it's need many many time because AI scripts are very difficult to modify! Wait with patience and when we can, the AI will be perfectly fixed!

Onision

Commenta

Oh I think I have an idea of how difficult it is, I am an amateur programmer myself, you guys are brave

Commenta

Sto operando...
              X