annuncio

Comprimi
Ancora nessun annuncio.

Did you also notice most people on this shard speak a weird language?

Comprimi
X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• Did you also notice most people on this shard speak a weird language?

We can call it Italian, Im not 100% sure that is what its called, but I have learned a few things about it this far.

Compro = buy
    Vendo = sell
    Scambio = trade
    e = and

Make no mistake, this is not an international shard, even if you see lots of players with english names, most of them do not meet the minimum requirements to have a conversation in the language that begins with an E.

It is important to disguise yourself as one of them or you will not get into the juicy trading parts.

If you get a mail written in this language after you have used the Italian words listed above, just reply "Luna Bank" and see what happens, most of the time this will actually lead to some kind of trade.

And if it doesnt, just spam ????? as if to say that your trading partner is somehow slightly behind the evolutionary scale.

Moving on.

Afk resource gathering on this shard is legal, at least mining and lumberjacking, other types of resource gathering are considered a gray area.

So to fit in here as a foreigner we will have to adjust to their manners, meaning be quick on the report finger.

If you think one of these Italians are afk while doing heartwood quests or other similar activities, just call them "Fica" and if they do not reply just report them. This is the polite way of doing it.

You can also completely skip the part where you check if they are there or not, this is the most common way on UoDreams.

Do you get no replies from GM's? Have no fear they are there! If you do not believe me, try for, scientific reasons, to report a player that the staff knows is not Italian and you will see.

Get a reply from Yoda? (You will understand) Dont worry just try again at a later date.

This is it for now, if I figure out more tips on how to fit in on UoDreams I will post them here.

If you cannot wait or just want someone that speaks the E language feel free to contact me ingame on Wide Eye G or Armani.

Originariamente inviato da turkice Visualizza il messaggio

Afk resource gathering on this shard is legal, at least mining and lumberjacking, other types of resource gathering are considered a gray area.

What do you exactly mean with "gray area"?

So to fit in here as a foreigner we will have to adjust to their manners, meaning be quick on the report finger.

If you think one of these Italians are afk while doing heartwood quests or other similar activities, just call them "Fica" and if they do not reply just report them. This is the polite way of doing it.

"Fica" isn't the best word to say to check if a player is afk or not, because is a "bad word". Anyway, if you want to help the staff, please try to say "Ciao, ci sei?" (Hi, are you there?) instead of "Fica".

Do you get no replies from GM's? Have no fear they are there! If you do not believe me, try for, scientific reasons, to report a player that the staff knows is not Italian and you will see.

Italian or not makes no difference! If you don't get an answer is because, in that moment, there isn't a GM online or he is busy with other pages or his access level isn't enough to solve your problem, etc..

We always try to do our best to give you a great service, but it's not our job, we obviously have a life out of UO and we are human beings and we can make mistakes like everybody.

Get a reply from Yoda? (You will understand) Dont worry just try again at a later date.

[Yoda mode]"If you mean english bad we are in"[/Yoda mode]...try to make another joke and re-read the previous sentences, because we are here for passion and not to being teased.

Regards,

Onision

Commenta

This was meant to be a fun post, now its no longer fun.

With gray area I mean it is considered illegal to afk gather certain things like heartwood, glasses and even handing in 2000 bods during the night(?)

Nr 1, many people are doing this while afk on a daily basis, just check heartwood during the night for example

I have reported several and you do nothing about it.

Price for Oak runic kit 40k, yew 250k and Heartwood 2kk. Barbed runic sewing kit 2kk. And glasses I dont even want to mention.

If the rules of no afk resource gathering were actually enforced on these items the prices would not be a complete joke like they are.

So you say it is illegal, but you dont react to it and prices are at rock bottom so it must mean it is legal for some to do this. This is what I mean with gray area.

I do realize this is not your job, and Im sure you put in alot of effort. I am just sharing my personal experiences this far.

Im still trying to donate to the shard but there is still no reliable way for me to do this from Sweden. One could say Im at least trying to support the cause because I also am here out of passion.

The yoda remark was maybe a little bit harsh, but there are times that I have gotten GM replies in english that I do not even comprehend. English is not my mother tongue but I would like to belive that I can at least write talk and understand it somewhat so one would think that if you appoint a GM on an International Shard that person should at least have basic english skills. Im not talking about grammar or anything, im talking straight out of google translate but worse.

Regards

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da turkice Visualizza il messaggio
        This was meant to be a fun post, now its no longer fun.

With gray area I mean it is considered illegal to afk gather certain things like heartwood, glasses and even handing in 2000 bods during the night(?)

"handing in 2000 bods during the night" -> Handing bods afk is legal

Nr 1, many people are doing this while afk on a daily basis, just check heartwood during the night for example

We check also in the night, but obviously a bit lesser than the day.

I have reported several and you do nothing about it.

Maybe in that moment there was no GMs online. Remember that if you log-out the page disappears. Anyway, you can make a page on UODreams web site and when we'll read it, we'll go to check.

Price for Oak runic kit 40k, yew 250k and Heartwood 2kk. Barbed runic sewing kit 2kk. And glasses I dont even want to mention.

If the rules of no afk resource gathering were actually enforced on these items the prices would not be a complete joke like they are.

Forum rule: please, don't write item prices.

The problem is not in rules! We do all we can without going crazy. I can't oblige a GM to stay all night to check quests, etc...

So you say it is illegal, but you dont react to it and prices are at rock bottom so it must mean it is legal for some to do this. This is what I mean with gray area.

No, it's not legal for some. I've explained it in the previous phrase.

I do realize this is not your job, and Im sure you put in alot of effort. I am just sharing my personal experiences this far.

This is obviously your right and it's ok if you do it with respect.

Im still trying to donate to the shard but there is still no reliable way for me to do this from Sweden. One could say Im at least trying to support the cause because I also am here out of passion.

With "donate" do you mean "activate Premium service"? If yes, GamesNet is at work to re-abilitate the payments with credit cards.

The yoda remark was maybe a little bit harsh, but there are times that I have gotten GM replies in english that I do not even comprehend. English is not my mother tongue but I would like to belive that I can at least write talk and understand it somewhat so one would think that if you appoint a GM on an International Shard that person should at least have basic english skills. Im not talking about grammar or anything, im talking straight out of google translate but worse.

I understand what you mean, but not all the people know other languages and for someone is difficult. But it doesn't mean that he is a bad GM. So, english is important, but for us is more important that a GM is a good person. For english messages we do our best and if you don't understand an answer, try to make another page and we'll try to answer better.

Regards
        For me, we can close the discussion here. I hope I explained myself well

Good game

Onision

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da OnisionStaff Visualizza il messaggio
          I understand what you mean, but not all the people know other languages and for someone is difficult. But it doesn't mean that he is a bad GM. So, english is important, but for us is more important that a GM is a good person. For english messages we do our best and if you don't understand an answer, try to make another page and we'll try to answer better.
          Communication is the most important foundation for a gm in an mmo. If communication fails, then everything fails. A failing gm is not bad? kk.

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da Khaduran Visualizza il messaggio
            Communication is the most important foundation for a gm in an mmo. If communication fails, then everything fails. A failing gm is not bad? kk.
            Hi, for me comunication isn't the most important like you said. It's very very important, but if that GM is a bad person with a really good skill in comunication I think you agree with me that is a bad GM. Is more probably that a person learns english or learns how to be a good person?

I don't want use excuses for the staff, but, as I said before, this isn't our job and we are here for passion. We try every day to do our best and sometimes we can fail on something. We are human like you.

We know that english is important (not only for the game) and we'll try to answer you in the best way possible. But we are here to have fun and play in harmony together, so what is the problem if sometimes you have to try to make again a question when the provided answer wasn't clear? We have no reasons to give you bad answers

I hope I explained myself well

Good game

Onision

Commenta

Sto operando...
            X