Tamers

Comprimi
X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

True true, one question tho, I always tamed pets with a peacemaking tamer, how do you tame your pets with no peacemaking?
    Found a bug in Uodreams? Report it here.

Commenta

1st of all u need to almost kill the mob becouse...the taming proces would be easier for different reasons.
      While his hp is lowering he begins to act slower...(both in movements and in combos) and once almost dead he will begin to run aways from ya (at least the majority..of pets act like that...especially the fearest ones).
      That's when u start taming - when u try to start the taming process when he's almost dead...he keep running aways from ya...try to block him somewhere between rocks...(or something like that) stand near him and keep spamming tame till taming starts.

As far as i've xperienced almost dead pets tend to be tamed easier&faster than a pet being full hp.
      Disco is really usefull too here..cuz it helps doing things faster.
      Peace isn't really usefull against the majority of aggro beasts like GD, cuz after u casted it, ui need to wait a few before using an other skill (that's taming here) and since the taming process does not start istantly but requires many tries...u'll see the pet unpeaced again...and so what? u peace again i suppose and then wait again..and then finally keep trying again with taming...and in the while a glacial era has passed...let's suppose you're lucky and taming starts with the 1st try.....but the pet now becomes unpeaced..and now what? U can't still use peace again cuz of the delay...and u think u absorb GD(at full hp--> at full speed) combo+bleed+paralyze+mana drain...for the whole taming time? WEll if u can do it...it means...u didn't need peace at all..
      For saying it shortly once the pet is almost dead, he's weaker and that makes things easier.TAming too

For training that thing...i suggest u to start taming lesser hiryus...u'll get the idea of what i mean...it's harder to explain it in words than doing it XD

I've tamed everthing with my uncommon bard tamer (built for this reason mainly and that got no attacking skills) and all by myself..all alone without others supporting me.
      Included fire beetle too that so far was the most problematic pet to tame all alone cuz of the wierd/crazy spawn around him not easy to beat with that template...but after few tries i've found out the way to do it without dieing at all.
      The only time where i died countless times (really...) was when i've tamed the strongest (so far) and smartest GD i ever met in UOD. What a challange.
      The funny of pets is yea they might be all Gds (4example) but they always act quite differently from each other...using certain skills more often than others....and that GD...is a damned lover of mana draining+bleeding and teleporting...and i'm loving it XD
      Ultima modifica di krilov; 11-02-2012, 17:40.

Commenta

Very informative posts about taming here in dreams, thanks a lot krilov I am sure this will help a lot of players in the future.

Ciao
        Found a bug in Uodreams? Report it here.

Commenta

np dude...it's a pleasure both sharing tips and helping people.
          If u need help both in taming a pet or any other thing...just pm me...or write here...or call me ingame...

i'm in T4M3 guild and if u ever see someone from that guild around..feel free to ask him about me and i'll come.

^.^

Commenta

krilov what's the best tamer template for doom in your opinion? and which pet i should bring? also is possible to solo all rooms + df?
            Ultima modifica di Te-Mpallo; 04-04-2012, 18:29.

Commenta

Everything is possible imo..it just takes time (much time if u go solo), equipment and skills

I would suggest 3 main routes and all of them with veterinary.
              These are just indications...one can modify the numbers according to his needs..u got what i mean.

1) common mage tamer with eva int + slayer books

I would go around with something like that:
              Magery 120
              Eva Int 120
              taming 110
              Lore 110
              Meditation 100
              Res Spell 120

u got 40 points left; i would use them all on vet and then i would try to find/run jewels,armor or any other item with skills bonus in order to let me run 80 vet "real" at least.
              Thinking on fly, something like...a tome (+15 magery right?) and 2x jewels with 1x +15 skill bonus or smthing like 2x skill bonuses on each jewel -10 and 5-
              DOing some poor calculations...let's consider 3x +15 (tome + 2x jewels +15) = 45 points for vet -> 85 vet

Note:u can bless your pet pumping their stats by a lot tnx to high eva int...(dunno why people dont bless them usually...lol i guess they feel lazy)
              A bad side is that u can't remove curses...

2) bard tamer
              It works good. But not for long - i mean, till u can handle things tnx to provo/disco it goes ok.
              When u'll need to fight and heal your pet heavely you will lack of mana.
              Especially if go around with chiva.
              Few don't use ress spell neither and put 120 chiva.Great choice, i agree too.
              Despiro malas will save your ass badly as well the one of your pet.
              But still you wont have mana for long.That's the main prob of this template.

taming 110
              lore 110
              vet 80
              chiva 120
              music 120
              provo 120
              disco 120

It would be something like that. And u miss lots of skill points (60) to make it run.
              And even if u find the way to do so (4xample just 90-disco 90 provo real..) u still wont have enough mana imo.

Sad to say but imo that's a great template more for supporting than for soloing.I mean, soloing DF
              IF u got an other friend of your with ya...then it will rule.

3) 3d option imo..is the necro tamer with spellweaving.
              Now, necro doesn't really marry Doom cuz u know u can't animate undead.
              Btw, here, "not animating", is almost the key.If you ever played a necro u should have noticed that as soon as u evocate something, it goes anywhere there's a mob.Sounds cool but it isn't at all.Cuz most of the times the animated corspe dies miserably and ends luring a bunch of mobs to u,that u can't handle probably ^_^

So necro/ss here is mainly used for ensuring you always high lvls of mana.
              You'll cast wod slowly than a pure spellweaver but when u do it u'll do gg dmg and ss+wraith+lmc+ will grant u lots of time being at full mana or almost so.
              U can even decide to switch into lich form for some mana reg. boost if in pain.
              Having always mana is a must if u go around solo dude and necro/ss +wod cover that part more than good.IF u got poisoned and u can't cure yourself with the 1st try, u can still spirit speak..not bad at all...not bad at all...
              Magery 120 ensure you gg greater heals and if u add veterinary+enchanted bandage...well dude..u heal something like 120 dmg
              In top of that..gift of life on your tool...and LOL that' s lot of healing for your pet...
              The clear downside is that wod deals random dmg.U might do high dmg or u might do noob dmg.
              Other than that...oh yea if u go around with no res spell and u cast a wod while being under blood oath..lol u know what will happen.Not so hard to counterplay..u need to watch yourself carefully....
              Tbh the are lots of ways of playing necro/tamer/sw...u can decide to go around even with just the minimum necro/ss and still being able to recover mana decently with wod.That gives u points to spend where u want. Res spell as well, or medit...
              BUt well ...that's the funny.

4) i would call it the ks-er. It's a plyaing style and i really doubt he can be able to run doom all alone till the end successfully.
              It's an archer tamer.
              Slayer bow + pets uhm...let's see: u got 2 excellent sides: high dmg, high mobilty.
              What u do? SImple: u wait the others tank and u ks them.As soon as u see things are getting bad...Cya all and u rez them all
              Kidding...it would be funny to try but i doubt it will work efficently.

About pets, i would pick a GD.
              U need something with high hp, gg resists especially flame and phisic, high wrestling and high resist spell.
              The only pet around with these characteristics is the GD.
              2nd choice is the cu...3d bakes.

p.s. there are lots of other templates people use too but tbh they work good for middle things or not 4 full rounds in solo.
              Ultima modifica di krilov; 04-04-2012, 23:05.

Commenta

Sto operando...
              X