PDA

View Full Version : PvP Tournament

Alezi
12-09-2005, 20:49
I was wondering why there aint ANY Player versus Player events, and decided to ask if staff could have a pvp event where mages would fight mages and warrs vs warrs.

But you should make PvP stones that would give every player the equipment to participate (temporary equipment, only when the event is on). For mages, somehting like LMC 25-30, HCI/DCI 5-15 total, mana regen. 2-4, hp regen. no stamina regen. no.

And then we could see who is the best mage / warrior without their über suits :).

bowlhead
13-09-2005, 03:10
Thats a real nice idea - I really think its good and the GM's should take note - I am sure everyone will agree on this!

sic98
13-09-2005, 16:44
Yeah, id be in

fishinexile
13-09-2005, 16:47
Sounds good to me!

strenght
13-09-2005, 19:45
ja that would be nice

dare
13-09-2005, 22:47
nice

bowlhead
13-09-2005, 22:51
Can we have a GM comment on this please - I think we could organise something even if the GMs don't want to do it.

We could charge an entrance fee. All fees go into a pot and the winner of each category wins the pot - theres so much potential on Keffu's idea that this would kick serious arse and make the official UO dreams events (Sorry - I had to laugh at the latest one in Skara Brae!! - you gotta see Narcof's screen caps!) seem minor in comparison - Roll on, get support and lets do this!

Alezi
14-09-2005, 07:58
Originally posted by jinjins
Can we have a GM comment on this please - I think we could organise something even if the GMs don't want to do it.

We could charge an entrance fee. All fees go into a pot and the winner of each category wins the pot - theres so much potential on Keffu's idea that this would kick serious arse and make the official UO dreams events (Sorry - I had to laugh at the latest one in Skara Brae!! - you gotta see Narcof's screen caps!) seem minor in comparison - Roll on, get support and lets do this! I'm Alezi btw :p.

But a PvP event would be very nice, since 1v1 fights in felucca doesnt happen quite often.. There is 1 murderer vs 10 blue or 10 murderers vs 1 blue.

So a 1v1 fight with equal equipment would be great, and there the player skills would show who can play with any equipment :/.

And I would like to learn to play better with mage (currently 24th on the dueling list) because I have been playing only 5 months with mage :I.

Staff, please answer?

Alezi
14-09-2005, 08:17
I thought about the PvP tourney, and I think Staff should really do it, because it might make PvP more common in this shard, so that random players would pvp too instead of being in trammel/tokuno hunting mobs. I PvP with my PvM Archer, with my Tamer and with my mage :) believe me: pvp is the best thing to do in UO, its great fun. My last kill was Ioria [AoT] & Freddy Krueger [AoT] and it was fun to know that now they have Black&white only screen ^^

So, the equipment for mages could be something like this:
FC 2
FCR 4-6 (I prefer 6, but there would be spammers if FCR 6.)
DCI 0%
HCI 0%
LMC 25%
MR 2
Spell Damage Increase 5%
Physical 60
Fire 60
Cold 60
Poison 60
Energy 60
Damage Increase 20%
SSI 0%
Stam. Regen. 0
HP Regen. 0
Mana Inc 0
HP Inc 0
Stamina Inc 0

3 Total refresh Potions
2 Greater Cure Potions
1 Greater Heal Potion

Mages who want to put poison in a weapon could get poison potions with the cost of cure potions, so if someone wants poison they would lose cure.

For Warriors something like:
DI 35%
SSI 0
HCI 15%
DCI 15%
LMC 15%
Physical 65
Fire 65
Cold 65
Poison 65
Energy 65
Mana regen. 2
Stamina Reg. 4
HP Reg. 0
Stamina, Mana & HP Increase 0.

8 Total refresh potions
5 Greater Cure potions
2 Greater Heal Potions

Warriors who want to poison their weapons could get 2 Greater Poison Potions per 1 Greater Cure potion.

So this would be Warriors vs Warriors & Mages vs Mages.

And maybe the 1st, 2nd & 3rd players on their ladders could fight like 1st mage vs 1st warr. and so on..

The PvP player limit could be something like 32 players, so there would be 32 warriors & 32 mages fighting in different arenas, 'coz it would kinda laggy with shitty computers like I have :)

So now Staff! Go to green acres, make 2 BIG PvP arenas there and organize this event!

WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU!

theraizen
14-09-2005, 14:38
Originally posted by Alezi
I thought about the PvP tourney, and I think Staff should really do it, because it might make PvP more common in this shard, so that random players would pvp too instead of being in trammel/tokuno hunting mobs. I PvP with my PvM Archer, with my Tamer and with my mage :) believe me: pvp is the best thing to do in UO, its great fun. My last kill was Ioria [AoT] & Freddy Krueger [AoT] and it was fun to know that now they have Black&white only screen ^^

FC 2
DCI 0%
HCI 0%
LMC 25%
MR 2
Spell Damage Increase 5%
Physical 60
Fire 60
Cold 60
Poison 60
Energy 60
Damage Increase 20%
SSI 0%
Stam. Regen. 0
HP Regen. 0
Mana Inc 0
HP Inc 0
Stamina Inc 0

3 Total refresh Potions
2 Greater Cure Potions
1 Greater Heal Potion

Mages who want to put poison in a weapon could get poison potions with the cost of cure potions, so if someone wants poison they would lose cure.

For Warriors something like:
DI 35%
SSI 0
HCI 15%
DCI 15%
LMC 15%
Physical 65
Fire 65
Cold 65
Poison 65
Energy 65
Mana regen. 2
Stamina Reg. 4
HP Reg. 0
Stamina, Mana & HP Increase 0.

8 Total refresh potions
5 Greater Cure potions
2 Greater Heal Potions

Warriors who want to poison their weapons could get 2 Greater Poison Potions per 1 Greater Cure potion.

So this would be Warriors vs Warriors & Mages vs Mages.

And maybe the 1st, 2nd & 3rd players on their ladders could fight like 1st mage vs 1st warr. and so on..

The PvP player limit could be something like 32 players, so there would be 32 warriors & 32 mages fighting in different arenas, 'coz it would kinda laggy with shitty computers like I have :)

So now Staff! Go to green acres, make 2 BIG PvP arenas there and organize this event!

WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU!

It's impossible to play a pvp tournament with that equip..
Simply because lot of pvpeers selects their skills by the equip.
I mean i don't have medit, or focus, how can i play with mana reg 2? it means i'll have to use 1-2 special at minute..
With mana reg 2, no war can kill another.. even with 100 dex..
And a mage.. the pvp will be: Poison , Magic Arrow, Magic Arrow, and then poison.. and the other mage has just to defend.. This is not pvp ;)
On RunUO pvp is Team based.. I u wanna make some real pvp, find some friends, like 5-6 and make pvp ;)

Angelus_Staff
14-09-2005, 15:58
Originally posted by Raiden -A-

I mean i don't have medit, or focus, how can i play with mana reg 2? it means i'll have to use 1-2 special at minute..
And a mage.. the pvp will be: Poison , Magic Arrow, Magic Arrow, and then poison.. and the other mage has just to defend.. This is not pvp ;)
On RunUO pvp is Team based.. I u wanna make some real pvp, find some friends, like 5-6 and make pvp ;)

Alezi
14-09-2005, 16:05
Naw, it isnt team based. I mean I can kill mages with arties when im using my lrc suit.. So if you know how to play, you can drop ppl even when youre naked.

Keffu
14-09-2005, 18:19
Originally posted by Raiden -A-

Sry to say but thats Bububububuuuuullshiiiiit ^^ My opinion.. Aos is not team based it is item based. Mage duels wont be ipy ipy ipy nox ipy ipy ipy gos its faster to kill you opponent with weaken (ipys damage comes with delay, weaken imidietly when you targer your opponent) -..- and you can always add an rule that you are not allowed to cast more than 3 times same spell in a row -..- Then to dexer duels. Just give dexers like 5 bandages? It wont take long and the better tactic wins.. Easy isnt it? You opinion of mage duels is basic -..- Have you ever played with mage? -..-

fishinexile
14-09-2005, 18:21
PvP is based on whatever is in the mix fighting at the time surely...?

Alezi I think it should go ahead m8 there is nothing to stop players organising it themselves after all - just charge an entrance fee to cover prizes and quips and hold it somewhere accessible with a bit of space. I think people who rely on skill to fight rather than _items_ would be interested you would need to do some in-game advertising though cos not everyone reads the forum

bowlhead
14-09-2005, 19:39
Come on people - the argument against is highly lame, lets face it PVP is not about standing still and doing specials until opponent falls. Its about ducking and diving, regenning - doing whatever it takes to beat the foe. I have known very good PVP players who didn't use really good eq - they just understood little elements of the game that they could use in battle. Anyone who says "The PVP tournament won't work" because of the eq is lame. Everyone is at the same level in terms of eq - its all about how you fight and how good your character template is and I must say luck does come into play.

I and Narcof came from a shard where there was around 10 players max on at any given time and we used to have some great PVP battles and everyone joined in. Nobody ever railroaded anyone and some fights lasted up to 1 hour (With breaks to repair kit and buy bandages before recommencing).

I still think we should go ahead with this idea as its more than possible to do - it just needs to be organised in the right way.....

Alezi
14-09-2005, 20:05
Seems to me that "Team PvP" means 10vs1 here.

Of course we could have 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 fights too, I think team pvp would be nice.

bowlhead
14-09-2005, 21:09
Lets just agree on the categories - plan this correctly and publicise it on a free web site place and then get the GM's to advertise (If they will) - if not then we do the leg work and advertise on the shard ourselves.

I don't mind doing the leg work if it means we'll have a good afternoon of fun. Believe me - I have been part of these kind of things before and its by far the best fun you can have in Ultima - even if your character does badly, its still really funny to be part of. I had one of the most aggressive PvM templates on my mage and yet I used to get whacked in 65-70% of these tournaments but I still had fun. It gave me inspiration to make a good template for PvP and to this day, I have always tried to better it. If anything, this tournament would be a good initiation into PvP for a lot of the trammel PvM players who want to try PvP but are affraid of getting smacked by wandering alone in Felucca.

Come on GM's see sense and do it - if not at least give us an area we can do this (18 x 18 plot is ideal) and we will do the rest.

Keffu
14-09-2005, 21:37
Come on people - the argument against is highly lame, lets face it PVP is not about standing still and doing specials until opponent falls. Its about ducking and diving, regenning - doing whatever it takes to beat the foe. I have known very good PVP players who didn't use really good eq - they just understood little elements of the game that they could use in battle. Anyone who says "The PVP tournament won't work" because of the eq is lame. Everyone is at the same level in terms of eq - its all about how you fight and how good your character template is and I must say luck does come into play.

I and Narcof came from a shard where there was around 10 players max on at any given time and we used to have some great PVP battles and everyone joined in. Nobody ever railroaded anyone and some fights lasted up to 1 hour (With breaks to repair kit and buy bandages before recommencing).

I still think we should go ahead with this idea as its more than possible to do - it just needs to be organised in the right way.....
Thats right :--D I can only be supriced when dexer I have beated says to me "lol you only run" I always ask them that what I should do? Just stand there and let them kill me? I dont have that kind of dci and gear that I could just stand and cast :>

Alezi
14-09-2005, 21:52
If anything, this tournament would be a good initiation into PvP for a lot of the trammel PvM players who want to try PvP but are affraid of getting smacked by wandering alone in Felucca.

Come on GM's see sense and do it - if not at least give us an area we can do this (18 x 18 plot is ideal) and we will do the rest. Yup, this might inspire the players who only are in Trammel/Tokuno to pvp more. I think the main reason for so many ppl not pvping because of the big guilds. The big guilds who have monopolized sop's - I mean it's hard to poison someone with 120 res spell if you have 7xGM skills.

So listen up AoT's, GST, NoX & RVG, if you want MORE players to join factions, if you want MORE PvP, if you want huge
- lets say 25vs25 fights, then you should let ppl do champ without stealing it. The faster ppl get their skills up, the more there would be PvP.

A plot would be very nice, the players could organize PvP tourney's there.

Staff! Organize 2vs2 PvP tournament for this weekend! 32 Mages doing 2v2 & 32 Warriors doing 2v2 would be fun to see :).

Emme182
14-09-2005, 22:32
FC 2
DCI 0%
HCI 0%
LMC 25%
MR 2
Spell Damage Increase 5%
Physical 60
Fire 60
Cold 60
Poison 60
Energy 60
Damage Increase 20%
SSI 0%
Stam. Regen. 0
HP Regen. 0
Mana Inc 0
HP Inc 0
Stamina Inc 0

3 Total refresh Potions
2 Greater Cure Potions
1 Greater Heal Potion

Mages should duel 5x .... not any "put poison on weapons" -.-

bowlhead
14-09-2005, 22:39
We could even go as far as having:

A) Naked person + dagger + 100 bands
B) 2 Vs 2 - 1 warrior + 1 mage
C) 2 Vs 2 - 2 mages
D) Tamers (1 pet only)
E) Tamers (2 pets)
F) Guild Battle (5 Guild members)

Its just a few ideas - but we can build on them.

I also just wanted you to note - if we need resources or help, you can 100% count Narcof and myself in. We are 100% behind this idea and feel that if the GM's don't help us, then we will do whatever it takes. This is a must event for this shard- Alezi nice one......

strenght
14-09-2005, 22:46

FC 2
DCI 0%
HCI 0%
LMC 25%
MR 2
Spell Damage Increase 5%
Physical 60
Fire 60
Cold 60
Poison 60
Energy 60
Damage Increase 20%
SSI 0%
Stam. Regen. 0
HP Regen. 0
Mana Inc 0
HP Inc 0
Stamina Inc 0

3 Total refresh Potions
2 Greater Cure Potions
1 Greater Heal Potion

Ressistances should be 70/70/70/70/70
cuz u can lower it by casting curse..

Alezi
15-09-2005, 10:40
I think 2v2 fights would be the best..

It would be better if staff organizes.. They could also put some prizes for the winners, trophies, kits, sops, money anything is ok.

When there would be prizes, more ppl would come to pvp i bet.

Keffu
16-09-2005, 13:47
Originally posted by Sebastian Sorano

Mages should duel 5x .... not any "put poison on weapons" -.-
Yeh.. But these "pro gamers" with 70 artys and 10000 lmc 1000 10000 10000 1000 1000 resists dont even duel ;--D manytimes the ansver is "LOL duel arena is for noobs adasdad fermi fermo" "Real duel is in felucca with pots and dismount dasadasd and 1000 ppl helping itsno my problemo asdasdasd niyuboob fermi rfermo" -..-

Dj_Amix
16-09-2005, 16:01
Originally posted by Keffu

Yeh.. But these "pro gamers" with 70 artys and 10000 lmc 1000 10000 10000 1000 1000 resists dont even duel ;--D manytimes the ansver is "LOL duel arena is for noobs adasdad fermi fermo" "Real duel is in felucca with pots and dismount dasadasd and 1000 ppl helping itsno my problemo asdasdasd niyuboob fermi rfermo" -..-
if u got arts lmc 10000 and whateva u said,if u are unable to play u die anyway,maybe with more time but in the end U DIE.

and again i say,arena is for noobs who makes arena templates that's it but on the other hand it's useful to try new tactics.
in arena it counts the equip and also the random,with the same equip only random counts the most...so who is luckier will be the winner.

this kind of duel can be done in pre aos or sphere shards.

Keffu
16-09-2005, 17:03
Originally posted by Doomtrooper

if u got arts lmc 10000 and whateva u said,if u are unable to play u die anyway,maybe with more time but in the end U DIE.

and again i say,arena is for noobs who makes arena templates that's it but on the other hand it's useful to try new tactics.
in arena it counts the equip and also the random,with the same equip only random counts the most...so who is luckier will be the winner.

this kind of duel can be done in pre aos or sphere shards.
Actually I ment most of uod mages not dexers like you -..- Maybe duel arena is not for dexers gos if you got dissarmed you will almost 100% die I dont know, but for mages duel arena is perfect. You cant run away or call your friends to gang someone its only you, your opponent and your skills (ofcourse its harder to win these totem, 120 skill dudes but its still possible).. Or am I wrong? Is it skillfull to have 1000 killpoints in faction if you have got em by ganging? Ye felucca is better for dexers gos if your losing you just run take few pots and come again and throw few concushions in the air and if you lay these cons your opponent is will most likely die..

Keffu
18-09-2005, 15:32
Could someone from the staff give us some comment about this idea?

Dj_Amix
20-09-2005, 15:54

Actually I ment most of uod mages not dexers like you -..- Maybe duel arena is not for dexers gos if you got dissarmed you will almost 100% die I dont know, but for mages duel arena is perfect. You cant run away or call your friends to gang someone its only you, your opponent and your skills (ofcourse its harder to win these totem, 120 skill dudes but its still possible).. Or am I wrong? Is it skillfull to have 1000 killpoints in faction if you have got em by ganging? Ye felucca is better for dexers gos if your losing you just run take few pots and come again and throw few concushions in the air and if you lay these cons your opponent is will most likely die..
swingin 1.25 is almost useless now(cause mage manages to cast in mani,cause mage parrier can swing 1.25 with the kryss)....i mean the warrior has been undervalued,all these new fixes are for mages....just read all the new fixes.....
mage vs mage is about,who plays better cause u cant miss with the spells,but also random cause u also need to bleed ur opponet ;)
war vs mage it's cool too but TOO MUCH RANDOM,it depends if the war manages to get all his attack,and it depends if the mage manages to disarm and bleed his opponet.
war vs war PURE RANDOM :)

anyway nowdays UO IS FOR MASS PVP NO 1vs1,do u wanna undestand it????u notice someone who can play like a pro from the way he fights in a group of people in big fights.

Alezi
20-09-2005, 18:22
Well, if you want mass pvp go play CS ^^

UO is gang, if I understood you right. But 1vs1 = skill. 10vs1= noob.

You say 10v1 (gang) is skill and 1vs1 (duels) are noob..

Hmm, maybe you are just a noob who cant kill any other warr but with ganking. I kill a lot of ppl with my PvM archer/macer, so shut up and stop talking bullshit.

bowlhead
20-09-2005, 18:23

anyway nowdays UO IS FOR MASS PVP NO 1vs1,do u wanna undestand it????u notice someone who can play like a pro from the way he fights in a group of people in big fights.

Yeah 10 v 1 and a pro in the middle of the 10, the 1 is useless anyway - gank city. Hunting in packs is fun, but its no fun for the 1 when he is ran around Felucca and spends the entire time looking over his shoulder. I prefer surprise attack and run, the surprise generally comes if 9 other people don't come to the aid of their fallen friend. Wheres the honour gone? I have always found the fun to be in 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 - anymore its just a case of greasing up and waiting for penetration......

fishinexile
21-09-2005, 02:01
If some people think 10v1 is fun then whats wrong with that - I think we should let them have it their way - after all its their turn to be the 1 by my reckoning...

*passes round runes to certain houses in Fel*

rosik :asd: guard ya back passages aii

fishinexile
21-09-2005, 02:09
Anyway seeing as I took us onto a new page - on a more serious note, I repeat:

Dear Staff,

This shard is great - you and us put lots of time into it, but please please can we have a proper old-school pvp tournament as the lads have asked, it would be a brilliant event to watch and participate in, and best of all would put an end to this whose best cack that we all argue about all the time cos theres never anyone around when most of us finally find a decent well-matched fight - gimme spectators! Cheerleaders! Adrenaline! Come on after all whats the worst that could happen?

How about a poll?

Dj_Amix
21-09-2005, 10:51
i think we live in different time zones,cause all ur replies are completely superficial and it seems to me that when u all reply u just woke up or are very tired and almost going bed.....
im saying : 1vs1 is too much random cause of the emulator we are using,of course u can understand who is a pro,who is a noob,who is a good player.
RUN UO IS FOR 8vs8 10vs10 6vs8 18vs18 15vs18 (MASS PVP,BIG BATTLES,MANY VS MANY)and so on..in those fights u see the noob who can only gank (who usually dies in 30seconds :) and a pro (who is very useful and understands what to do).
IT IS NOT FOR 1vs1,cause of course u need skill in this kind of fight but u also need LUCK and a good equip.

but there is something in which we all agree,ganking = 0 skill :p but unfortunately it's a part of the game,cause of faction and cause of players most of all.

fishinexile
21-09-2005, 17:58
Actually Doom I personally find myself agreeing with all your points except that 1v1 does work on RunUO, we duel a lot in our guild mainly for practise and trying out new tactics, and recently we fought the same 2 characters against each other repeatedly, several times each with different weapons/tactics, and the results were the same each time - I code and test a lot of things for a living, and the level of results we were getting suggests that things are a lot less random than it appears to the casual observer.

Obviously there is some random stuff in there like swings, hits, fizzles, et cetera, but if the character's properly pvp-prepared it should be too low-level to be any more than an annoyance.

The time when things become more 'random' is when people start tearing the arse out of particular character templates cos they are easy to make using the identical sets of artifarties and SOPS, that way you get 2 identical people with no skill fighting, just massive firepower - the only possible result is a random one... PVP with identical sets of minimal quips sounds much better, as you have to work a bit harder and know what you're doing when one-hit kills are out of the equation.

(Honestly until we all got pigments of Tokuno to play with it was hard to tell a lot of people apart for a while!)

Anyway the bottom line why we want the pvp tourney is - cos it will be FUN!

What is there to lose anyway?

bowlhead
22-09-2005, 01:45
Just to add on - you don't just have the generic battles, these are too ordinary, you should have (Like I mentioned before) 1 V 1 or 2 V 2 with no eq, just 100 bandages per char and a weapon (And shield if wanted) - this would be great as the templates would shine through. For the mages something similar - the worlds our oyster and we can be quite imaginative.

Anyway - our rantings are ruining the whole point of this thread - We should hold a PvP tournament as Narcof rightly said because it would be fun. Anyone who doesn't think so doesn't have to fight. Whats there to lose - Like I said before we have enough people to have a good tournament and I take it by the amount of people who have viewed this thread, theres a lot of interest. So lets do it and stop sitting on our arses and slinging remarks at each other.......

Aegis
22-09-2005, 02:18
Anyway a couple of pvp tournaments have alreday taken place in UOD, one 1vs1, a room-based all vs all and a few royal rumbles...ah and two or three server war too.

bowlhead
22-09-2005, 22:47
Just adding on then - when is the next ones due? Since I have been on dreams I have never witnessed any such events. When are the next ones due as I am sure they are long over due.....or are they all in Italian and notices about them only posted in the Italian side of the forums??.......Maybe this is the case. (Sorry if I am a little critical tonight - I am depressed because of certain things in rl)

fishinexile
24-09-2005, 21:53
up

YES or NO?

;)

Keffu
25-09-2005, 14:16
i think we live in different time zones,cause all ur replies are completely superficial and it seems to me that when u all reply u just woke up or are very tired and almost going bed.....
im saying : 1vs1 is too much random cause of the emulator we are using,of course u can understand who is a pro,who is a noob,who is a good player.
RUN UO IS FOR 8vs8 10vs10 6vs8 18vs18 15vs18 (MASS PVP,BIG BATTLES,MANY VS MANY)and so on..in those fights u see the noob who can only gank (who usually dies in 30seconds :) and a pro (who is very useful and understands what to do).
IT IS NOT FOR 1vs1,cause of course u need skill in this kind of fight but u also need LUCK and a good equip.

but there is something in which we all agree,ganking = 0 skill :p but unfortunately it's a part of the game,cause of faction and cause of players most of all.
Yup yup 10vs10 is cool ect.. But at uod it is 10vs1-3 and thats not cool :d Or maybe if your facing 10 nets with 2 friends you will definetly win :)

Dj_Amix
27-09-2005, 11:32
Originally posted by narcof
Actually Doom I personally find myself agreeing with all your points except that 1v1 does work on RunUO, we duel a lot in our guild mainly for practise and trying out new tactics, and recently we fought the same 2 characters against each other repeatedly, several times each with different weapons/tactics, and the results were the same each time - I code and test a lot of things for a living, and the level of results we were getting suggests that things are a lot less random than it appears to the casual observer.

Obviously there is some random stuff in there like swings, hits, fizzles, et cetera, but if the character's properly pvp-prepared it should be too low-level to be any more than an annoyance.

The time when things become more 'random' is when people start tearing the arse out of particular character templates cos they are easy to make using the identical sets of artifarties and SOPS, that way you get 2 identical people with no skill fighting, just massive firepower - the only possible result is a random one... PVP with identical sets of minimal quips sounds much better, as you have to work a bit harder and know what you're doing when one-hit kills are out of the equation.

(Honestly until we all got pigments of Tokuno to play with it was hard to tell a lot of people apart for a while!)

Anyway the bottom line why we want the pvp tourney is - cos it will be FUN!

What is there to lose anyway?
of course that duels are the best way to learn how to live for more seconds when u are in felucca.
duel is good to learn new tacts or to try ur armor and so on....

pvp between 2 identical pg's is completely random both if they got artys or if they got a full 60 leather and the same weapons.....

but nowdays ,xcept from a gdr point of view,for me organizing a duel is uselss.
the mage parrier rulez in arena.

bowlhead
27-09-2005, 15:57

of course that duels are the best way to learn how to live for more seconds when u are in felucca.
duel is good to learn new tacts or to try ur armor and so on....

pvp between 2 identical pg's is completely random both if they got artys or if they got a full 60 leather and the same weapons.....

but nowdays ,xcept from a gdr point of view,for me organizing a duel is uselss.
the mage parrier rulez in arena.

But this is why there would be categories and organisation to mean this template doesn't rule the day - people would be fighting for a championship in their own template - dexer, mage, archers etc and an open challenge tournament. We could host duels for people who couldn't get the chance to duel in Felucca. So we could have grudge matches - its a fine idea and I am sure that we would have a lot of people sign up for these! Keep laying the foundations for this tournament as I still agree - its a great idea and not one that we can let die like the other good ideas that come through the forums.......

Dj_Amix
27-09-2005, 16:17
well good luck.even if only mixed 1vs1 is cool to see.

the only think i suggest to u is to make a post in the italian forum to make people sign up for ur tournament.
for example write the text in english and with the help of an online translator put it in italian and post ;)

fishinexile
27-09-2005, 17:53
Nice idea Doom, I do Italian, so I shall make the post later on.

Vash1986
27-09-2005, 19:48

And then we could see who is the best mage / warrior without their über suits :).

impossible
as someone else already said, sometimes players base their template on the equipment.

for example: i have +18 mana increase on armor, so i need only 90 int

what is my char worth with 90 int if i don't have my armor? should i re-stat my char just for a tournament? ^_^

Keffu
27-09-2005, 20:33
Originally posted by Vash

impossible
as someone else already said, sometimes players base their template on the equipment.

for example: i have +18 mana increase on armor, so i need only 90 int

what is my char worth with 90 int if i don't have my armor? should i re-stat my char just for a tournament? ^_^
You have uber suit and your suit gives you big advantage at duels, thats what Lilys trying to say here -..- Would you do so good in duels as you do nowdays if you hadnt got uber suit? o.@

Sanders
27-09-2005, 20:57
For me a player should build his own equipment in order to satisfy his game style, why a war mage should renounce to his hci & dci bonus?

Spero che abbia senso quello che ho scritto :|

Vash1986
27-09-2005, 21:08

You have uber suit and your suit gives you big advantage at duels, thats what Lilys trying to say here -..- Would you do so good in duels as you do nowdays if you hadnt got uber suit? o.@

yes i'm sure lily is right, equip helps a lot

but, as i already said, many templates are equip-based. u can't make people take off their equipment for a tournament.
and also, if u play on aos shard, there's no reason complaining about people's uber armor and artifacts: it's an item based shard

almost forgot: nice signature, but i already told that "jajajaja" is spanish, not italian :)

Keffu
28-09-2005, 00:36

yes i'm sure lily is right, equip helps a lot

but, as i already said, many templates are equip-based. u can't make people take off their equipment for a tournament.
and also, if u play on aos shard, there's no reason complaining about people's uber armor and artifacts: it's an item based shard

almost forgot: nice signature, but i already told that "jajajaja" is spanish, not italian :)
Yup yup :) but the tournament is just for fun? And I bet that you could win many dudes there with 90 int :o
You really should thank Spede for the picture ^^ If jajajaj is spanish why does all italians say so? :(

Vash1986
28-09-2005, 02:05

Yup yup :) but the tournament is just for fun? And I bet that you could win many dudes there with 90 int :o
You really should thank Spede for the picture ^^ If jajajaj is spanish why does all italians say so? :(

there are 4 spanish CoM, and they also have red unfactioned pvp characters. and they are often in minoc. that's why u probably think "jajaja" is italian
it actually stands for "hahaha", as J is pronounced H in spanish

Keffu
28-09-2005, 07:35
o.@ sounds pretty ignorant tho :) just for them to know ;D How can anyone laught "jajajajaja"? :-------D

Vash1986
29-09-2005, 03:01
Naw, it isnt team based. I mean I can kill mages with arties when im using my lrc suit.. So if you know how to play, you can drop ppl even when youre naked.

what raiden means is that duels can get very boring
example, a duel without potions, u can simply finish off an enemy by bleeding him, poison and then short cast time spells like harm, magic arrow or fireball, unless he has spirit speak.
or a duel mage vs war... u just have to wait for a disarm and then if you're luck the war won't hit u when he re-equips his weapon and u can cast a complete combo to kill him, or you're the unlucky one and get pwned coz he gets 3 ignores in a row or lethal poison doesn't get off.
team based means that the true skill is resisting gank, keep your pet always at health to remount after bolas, crossheal your team mates, target the right enemy at the right moment, manually dismount from your pet when u know ppl r gonna throw bolas on u, run between trees to avoid getting killed, teleport away when your pet is dead, heal your friend's pet when they are ganked, hide them when they got a mortal strike, stay united with allies, dismount enemies and nox their pet and quickly kill them.
This is team play, and it requires far more skill than dueling imho :)
(i like duels very much though)

Dj_Amix
29-09-2005, 11:52

example, a duel without potions, u can simply finish off an enemy by bleeding him, poison and then short cast time spells like harm, magic arrow or fireball, unless he has spirit speak.
or a duel mage vs war... u just have to wait for a disarm and then if you're luck the war won't hit u when he re-equips his weapon and u can cast a complete combo to kill him, or you're the unlucky one and get pwned coz he gets 3 ignores in a row or lethal poison doesn't get off.
team based means that the true skill is resisting gank, keep your pet always at health to remount after bolas, crossheal your team mates, target the right enemy at the right moment, manually dismount from your pet when u know ppl r gonna throw bolas on u, run between trees to avoid getting killed, teleport away when your pet is dead, heal your friend's pet when they are ganked, hide them when they got a mortal strike, stay united with allies, dismount enemies and nox their pet and quickly kill them.
perfect explanation :lliceup:

Keffu
29-09-2005, 13:57

Pots are not for mage duels thats what I think o.@ And I wont even duel dexers without pots @.0 but this so called team play is cool too yeah if you have a team.. Theres no skill if someone attacks your team mate and theres you and 5 more to heal him and only one attacker.. Tho its only my opinion but this dexer "team play" is bull -.- lets just call it ganging ok? :)

Alezi
29-09-2005, 20:06
5x mageduels with 2/4 casts, 60 physical resist, rest 65. No LMC/Manaregen.

AoS is itembased BTW.

Alezi
02-10-2005, 14:10

(i like duels very much though) That was really a good explanation, but I think this isn't the kind of "team" pvp you meant :), those mages are always whining when they get ganged, but they always gang :(.
http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/1117/italianteampvp1fb.jpg
http://img336.imageshack.us/my.php?image=italianteampvpv24rv.jpg

This is why I hope to get a pvp tournament - those mages call me noob, although I have beaten them many many many more times than they have beaten me.

And Vash, with my equipment you cant last in gang. I have also über castjewels. Ring 1/3 int 7, bracelet 1/2 luck 20 hci 6%.

spede
02-10-2005, 14:36

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/1117/italianteampvp1fb.jpg
http://img336.imageshack.us/my.php?image=italianteampvpv24rv.jpg

Nothing new under the sun..

Vash1986
02-10-2005, 16:32
well i know that probably in other pvp shards like defi or hybrid you can go to felucca alone or with 1 mate and do some nice duels or 2vs2
but here there are big guilds/factions which raid felucca with at least 5-6 members (up to 15 sometimes), so you can't actually go to minoc and hope to find a nox alone to kill, u will almost always find him with his team mates, which means gank for u :P
so the best thing is to find or create a big guild if u wanna do good team play, which means good pvp here on uod

Puzzaculo
21-10-2005, 08:42

Keffu
21-10-2005, 11:24
Originally posted by Keane
ehh? Vash why did NoX/RVG leave com? -...- Now theres only big battles against Newbs Eating Tit and their ownz0red too fast :(

eyal12
21-10-2005, 13:11
okay ive played alot aos pvp and the pvp here is diffrent then other servers ill tell you why :

first thing injection is llegal which is a BAD BAD IDEA
people pvp with script takes 0 skill , not only that but injection got built in speedhack and other things this program is just not fair....

also the dismont pvp in here is really annoying , not every shard got dismout as main group pvp , it doesn't take skill to do it i'm sorry .. it absolutly doesn't and duel with pots is lame and bleed/poison/harm me and see how i cure and heal my self
people just think its impossible if they cant

duel takes alot of game experience if you duel only mage no specs its alot of fun :) best dueler ive ever seen is Landor .. doesn't play here but if you see him FEAR him :D
he cant die in 1vs1 first thing .. (mage duel)

Keffu
21-10-2005, 15:30
Landor has played with mage what only 5 years? Iv played the whole game "Ultima Online Age Of Shadows" like half year in my whole life -....- Dismounting is just leet :P and you cant possibly die in dismount btw just take another one from summoball or say all come and cure it.. In these days you can get very very fast back on your mount +.+ And ppl here doesnt have injection scripts like bug defiance where they only spam ipy and ride at the side of you no matter how fast you are..

Alezi
21-10-2005, 16:31
Originally posted by Blue Demon
okay ive played alot aos pvp and the pvp here is diffrent then other servers ill tell you why :

first thing injection is llegal which is a BAD BAD IDEA
people pvp with script takes 0 skill , not only that but injection got built in speedhack and other things this program is just not fair....

also the dismont pvp in here is really annoying , not every shard got dismout as main group pvp , it doesn't take skill to do it i'm sorry .. it absolutly doesn't and duel with pots is lame and bleed/poison/harm me and see how i cure and heal my self
people just think its impossible if they cant

duel takes alot of game experience if you duel only mage no specs its alot of fun :) best dueler ive ever seen is Landor .. doesn't play here but if you see him FEAR him :D
he cant die in 1vs1 first thing .. (mage duel) Go back to defiance with ionz.

Dj_Amix
22-10-2005, 01:43
Go back to defiance with ionz.

and i think u dont even now what is pvp.
doing bolas is not easy,u can die easily since u got disarmed and no shield so u're very vulnerable,especially now with archer ignorer....u gotta do at the right time.......or u die in 2 hits,so please dont talk of pvp.
arena is 0 pvp now,only equip....i got noobs mage with totem and parry 120 and it's impossibile they can resist even if they are not able to cast spells....my enemy was crosshealing me,just to let u know...and it was almost impossibile to kill him...it was just miss miss miss parryed parryed parryed miss hit....

Keffu
22-10-2005, 01:59

and i think u dont even now what is pvp.
doing bolas is not easy,u can die easily since u got disarmed and no shield so u're very vulnerable,especially now with archer ignorer....u gotta do at the right time.......or u die in 2 hits,so please dont talk of pvp.
arena is 0 pvp now,only equip....i got noobs mage with totem and parry 120 and it's impossibile they can resist even if they are not able to cast spells....my enemy was crosshealing me,just to let u know...and it was almost impossibile to kill him...it was just miss miss miss parryed parryed parryed miss hit....
Yup ^^ Bolas are for pros :)

eyal12
22-10-2005, 05:38
i have no problem with you sir thinking i do not know how to pvp or my opinion are wrong i only said my opinions you can disagree with me or agree on it give me good reasons that's what forum is all about but getting replys like "get back to dfi" is not acceptble and is trolling kinda attitude id like a mod to tell him not to do it again if possible , thx.

now back to it , erm bola is just extra items to carry in pvp , pet balls , war horse with summon balls .. its exactly like pots if you everyone have them its no advantage but its only a waste of money and it doesn't really add anything to pvp , duel with no specs is pure skill if you didn't understand on my last reply what no spec mean then : its only spells no hitting no pots , only magery it takes good timing/combos/fast casting.
as i said before landor is still the best dueler ive ever seen and i have played here for awhile before and the top10 in here arn't as good as him , about injection you will be amazed how many people use script pvp if you're their friends and they tell you.

Keffu
23-10-2005, 17:14
I think its stupid and newbish to use some pvp scripts with mages -.- All i have is binds made with razor..

Admin Vash
23-10-2005, 17:15
I think its stupid and newbish to use some pvp scripts with mages -.- All i have is binds made with razor..

that's right
it's stupid to use injection_supercrasher if u can do everything with razor, with a mage

Keffu
23-10-2005, 17:20
Originally posted by Admin Vash

that's right
it's stupid to use injection_supercrasher if u can do everything with razor, with a mage
Yeah.. Its ok for me if someone uses injection but like in defi these wombats run along you and spams ipy without getting any distance to you :\. Btw are you vash u grav (Spelling isnt correct ^^) ?

Dj_Amix
24-10-2005, 06:21
Originally posted by Blue Demon
i have no problem with you sir thinking i do not know how to pvp or my opinion are wrong i only said my opinions you can disagree with me or agree on it give me good reasons that's what forum is all about but getting replys like "get back to dfi" is not acceptble and is trolling kinda attitude id like a mod to tell him not to do it again if possible , thx.

now back to it , erm bola is just extra items to carry in pvp , pet balls , war horse with summon balls .. its exactly like pots if you everyone have them its no advantage but its only a waste of money and it doesn't really add anything to pvp , duel with no specs is pure skill if you didn't understand on my last reply what no spec mean then : its only spells no hitting no pots , only magery it takes good timing/combos/fast casting.
as i said before landor is still the best dueler ive ever seen and i have played here for awhile before and the top10 in here arn't as good as him , about injection you will be amazed how many people use script pvp if you're their friends and they tell you.
pure mage vs pure mage is a wonderful show...
pure mage vs a war is a wonderful show
but they are too random.... :( im talking about specials move most of all....miss or hit depends on how run-uo wakes up on that day....
the other templates vs other templates just sucks and again to my eyes arena is for noobs,almost 0 skill.

the best pvp is xxx vs xxx,the best,here u can see organization,the way to play,the right timing,the right special to do on ur enemy.....it's so complete!!!!

of course archer mono ignorer is a noob template with 0 skill,single key pg....very sad :|

Alezi
24-10-2005, 07:10

pure mage vs pure mage is a wonderful show...
pure mage vs a war is a wonderful show
but they are too random.... :( im talking about specials move most of all....miss or hit depends on how run-uo wakes up on that day....
the other templates vs other templates just sucks and again to my eyes arena is for noobs,almost 0 skill.

the best pvp is xxx vs xxx,the best,here u can see organization,the way to play,the right timing,the right special to do on ur enemy.....it's so complete!!!!

of course archer mono ignorer is a noob template with 0 skill,single key pg....very sad :| Just like Korgan? ^^

Keffu
24-10-2005, 12:30

of course archer mono ignorer is a noob template with 0 skill,single key pg....very sad :|
Thats right :) its soo funny to have big battle even if you die its fun ^^ This ignore/concuchion archer shit sucks.. Just run ignore/concushion and run bit more then again, This wouldnt be so shitty if UOD wouldnt allow you to shoot when you are moving and that sucks. Uod lags so much that you just shoot one ignore then start to run and after last lag spike your opponent is more likely dead than a live, if you hit ofcourse.

eyal12
24-10-2005, 17:10
dude once you learn how to actully click the ai spec twice and achive such skills in uo then maybe you can talk about it , but untill then i think we will stay with our sad mages that are for newbies and only dream about the complex life of an AI archer :(

Dj_Amix
24-10-2005, 17:11
Just like Korgan? ^^
go to nox guild page on www.uodreams.it and just put a thick on every war u see...sadly it's not only korgan....

krixxo
24-10-2005, 17:15

go to nox guild page on www.uodreams.it and just put a thick on every war u see...sadly it's not only korgan....

Do u want me to put a thick on your guild's page? :rotfl:
I say just one name for all, Wayrn Xenon the Maestro Park of Minax faction ;)
just useless words, however a tournament could be a nice idea, if well done.

Dj_Amix
24-10-2005, 17:48
Originally posted by -AtReYu-

Do u want me to put a thick on your guild's page? :rotfl:
I say just one name for all, Wayrn Xenon the Maestro Park of Minax faction ;)
just useless words, however a tournament could be a nice idea, if well done.
put put.....there are more mono ignorer in ur guild than in mine ;) even in proportion...