Comprimi
X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• n00b house designs - For Teh Win!?

I mean, look around. Almost every single custom player house is plain shit. Neon weapons thrown all around the floor, artifacts, sop's and random crap just so that everyone could see you are THE MAN (nerd...) who can collect every peace of shit in the game. Okay, maybe sometimes it is just a commercial trick so people see what they can buy from you, but you need to organize your stuff then. If you throw it around, it looks ugly. You need to have some taste at least. Where have you seen a sandstone house in snowy area? Well, ice island is full of those. And why the hell Lunas territory is surrounded by bad looking japanise, medieval, log, brick mutant architectures? It should have sandstone houses ONLY! Why do you think building 3 castles next to each other is cool? I can answer this one - becouse you have the MONEY and POWER to build such giant ugly shit and you need to show it to EVERYONE. It is like: "Oh, you build a castle. Ok, I will build one, too, so you see that I HAVE THE MONEY!!!" Remember skill > stuff! And italians (or whoever you all are) don't have the first one (I am speaking about house designing). There should be some kind of restrictions for building new structures. For example, you want a player town? Ok, so we have one main building, let's say it's a castle and other buildings all in the same style (wood, brick, sandstone, tropic) except some special buildings like guardtowers or temples. You can't build a marble house in the middle of the jungle! It just doesn't look good, and the worst thing is that people buy the BIGGEST house slot for the lockdown count and for everyone to see how rich you are. Then they build walls all around the house, for it to be BIG, BIG, BIG! No interior design, no nothing. A lot of people don't even know how to place walls correctly. I have an advice for all noob-wannabe-uber-architects out there - go to www.uo.com and look at OSI house designs, or go to uo.stratics.com and look at custom house designs there. There is huge lack of taste in this server, how do we fix it? We can't! Admins should do something about this, but will they? No! I just wanted to tell this, end.
    Ultima modifica di TradeMAAK; 20-07-2005, 18:02.
    linked in connections and how to grow taller italy

Someone needs to start business as a builder - create some nice, properly themed and tasteful places and sell them for massive profit so ppl don't have to build such monstrosities as we are seeing.

Although IMO some of the Luna places would look wicked in Tokuno, as there are some nice nice gaffs there!
    No Wife, No Horse, No Moustache...

Commenta

I have already built 7 nice houses (only 2 yet uncommited becouse of the lack of funds) for my guild mates. They trust me, they transfer me their house and let make a good project, but I doupt that strangers would trust me to project their homes. And it is too late to start, maybe in the next expansion. There are very little places left to build something, my guild found one, where we have built some small houses, but I doupt there is some spot left near Luna. I can only buy the land, than make an uber house and sell it for a very high price. :P But actually I am willing to make home projects and help with decorating ideas absolutely for free, becouse I like it very much and that is I need to say the only reason why I play uo - custom houses. So if you need a good house design, I can build anything and for free, becouse I like doing it, drop a pm!

Commenta

this is a stupid post in my opinion... i mean who are you to tell people what's pretty and what's not and go calling people nerds over the internet just shows who is the geek .. so any way what do you care how they place THEIR HOUSE they own it they can do with it waht they want... THEIR PIXELS now stop crying about how the pixels arn't pretty and ask admins to do somthing about it ... this is a funny topic ;/
        ------------------------------------------
        cant talk italian...

Commenta

That is THE PROBLEM. I know it's theirs but cummon, it ruins the look the whole server. I guess you are just another owner an ugly house. I can tell people what is ugly or not, becouse I can see it, as well as everyone else can see it, they just can't udmit that their houses are shit. It is not really so hard to master that house building tool, stop killing/stealing champs for an hour and try to get the tool right. And don't tell me you could build a no wall house in real life and it wouldn't collapse. We could make the game more realistic and let the admins DESTROY the shitty buildings. You think this is funny becouse you probably can't build and you don't even care of the look, just about your new uber artifact which you traded at Tokuno. Oh, and know what, I have never had ANY artifact at all, NEVER. All I have ever enjoyed to do in Ultima is building houses, the same in other games. I know nothing will be changed, but I just wanted to insult people who don't care to spend more time with the tool and get it right and don't care how something looks only about the use of it.

Commenta

trademaak, you are ignorant as fuck. you consider your opinion of beauty as everyones opinion, get a clue.

Commenta

Originally posted by Blue Demon
              this is a stupid post in my opinion... i mean who are you to tell people what's pretty and what's not and go calling people nerds over the internet just shows who is the geek .. so any way what do you care how they place THEIR HOUSE they own it they can do with it waht they want... THEIR PIXELS now stop crying about how the pixels arn't pretty and ask admins to do somthing about it ... this is a funny topic ;/
              owned irl
              #214-975-153

I DONT SPEEK ITALIA

Commenta

Originally posted by Gertkane
                trademaak, you are ignorant as fuck. you consider your opinion of beauty as everyones opinion, get a clue.
                Listen, if you can't tell shit from a flower, I feel sorry for you becose most of the people can. But not on this server!

Commenta

This was amusing before it degenerated into mud-throwing (read Robert Anton Wilson if this term is unfamiliar to you)...
                  TradeMAAK I was on your side to start with but it sounds like you need to go shit a few hundred bricks (maybe use them to build some nice houses - suggest Brit sewer area for the correct theme)...

Come on I mean really, "We could make the game more realistic and let the admins DESTROY the shitty buildings." - WTF is this reality where you come from? Do they ask people to vacate the premises first?

Live and let live - no harm in a 'do you fancy help with your house, I have some good ideas?' instead 'get that shitty ugly house off my server'!

Commenta

YEAH , DONT TRY KNOW EVERYTHING, IF YOU CAN BUILD A NICE HOUSE, THAT'S GOOD(FOR YOU), DONT EVER THINK ALL WILL BUILD A HOUSE JUST THE WAY YOU THINK LOOKS NICE, THEN JUST LET US USE A COLOR FOR ALL THE HOUSES, SO ALL OF THEM LOOKS THE SAME, AND DONT TALK ABOUT TASTE... IT'S JUST SUBJECTIVE, NOTHING MORE, ALL THE PPL BE YOURSELVES, TEH ONLY THING I SUPPORT FROM THIS POST, IS ABOUT OF THOSE HOUSES WITH ALL NEON WEAPONS ON THE FLOOR OF THE BIG HOUSE, THAT REALLY LOOKS UGLY!!!! JUST THAT, THE POWER IS IN MAJORS NOT SIMPLE IN SKILLS!!!A MAJOR BUY A 120 SOPS (EXCEPT OBVIOUSLY CRAPIES LIKE KNIGHT0S BREAST PLATE AND SIMILARS)WELL SEE YA GUYS!!
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    In the earth of Noobless
                    ICQ 222-725-826
                    msn grifith_lz04@hotmail.com

Commenta

Okay, maybe I overreacted too much (that's me), soo YES - houses in player created towns should look similiar. For example - ICE - Marble houses, some log maybe. Luna - sandstone. Jungle - tropical. But actually...It would be AWESOME if server would have "build nice or don't build at all" policy. Imagine:
                      A = Guy who has lots of money becouse that is why he thinks he owns everyone.
                      A builds a giant 3 story house made of...salad in....TOKUNO.
                      B = Admin.
                      B: What is that?
                      A: That is my new uber house with uber storage and pretty hippy colors.
                      B: *destroys house* read rules, it says "Buildings must be themed! Buildings must be realistic" not 3 stories levitating on one pillar, artifacts and power scrolls thrown all around it. We are for a CLEAN server, with no TRASH, so I shall throw this in the recycle bin, as I see it is lying on the ground needlessly *throws all the sop's and artifacts un the bin*
                      A: NOOOOO, this is MY LIFE *commits suicide* W00T!!

Hmm...

Commenta

Well, I totally agree with TradeMAAK...

Actually TradeMAAK helped me with building and decorating my house and you know it was fun you should try it We decorated my house for about an hour and it was fun. It's really fun when you're thinking where to put all the furniture so that your house would look good and realistic...try it guys

Commenta

tradeMAAK please shutup asap, your talking utter crap u need to clue up a little before u harvest your verbal manure.

games are played to get away from every day life, which for most people isnt all that fun, why the fuck would people want to reinact real life in a game.

i know for a fact i act totally different online than i do in real life, its a get away from seriousness etc, ITS A GAME. u need to understand that. people play it for fun, they build wierd and wonderful houses for FUN because its NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE, thats part of the fun, please dont post anymore of these shite topics.

Commenta

Pretty good set of arguments from both sides, I think - but Ionz knocked me off the fence and down to earth with that one - owned mate, can't argue with that one!

Commenta

go play sims -_-
                              ------------------------------------------
                              cant talk italian...

Commenta

Sto operando...
                              X